Friday, April 15, 2011

Another Week in Review (Already??)

Joining up again with my Week in Review at Filled with Praise.

High:
This is my small group (minus of few of us). 

On Monday, instead of our usual Bible study, the whole crew came over and we grilled out. We had 19 adults and nine children. It was a ton of fun. I'm so thankful for these ladies. 

I love that we have unique perspectives and different life experiences.
I love that they give me an excuse to drink two cups of coffee on a Monday night (plus dessert).
I love that I can share honestly.
I love that they love Jesus.

Filled With Praise

Low:
We are anticipating that we will move this November when my husband transitions out of the Navy and into a different job. Thankfully, his post-Navy job prospects are very encouraging. However, the housing market is not. I got myself into a bit of a tizzy this week at the thought of our savings disappearing to get out of house and at the thought of putting our house on the market next month (which sounded like such a lovely plan six months ago). I keep telling my husband (who is the saving, level-headed with money one in our marriage) maybe God is allowing us to save just enough to get out from under our house with no debt. In reality, I have no idea, but I do know that we have infinitely more than we deserve.

Lesson:
Store your treasures in heaven, where moths and rust cannot destroy, and thieves do not break in and steal.
Matthew 6:20 

And on a lighter note, going to the gym really does do wonders for your mood. As much as I put it off, I'm always so glad I did it.

1 comment:

  1. The grill party with your small group sounded like a lot of fun!

    I look forward to seeing the works of God in your life in regards to your upcoming move and changes.

    Blessings,
    Amy

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.