Monday, April 11, 2011

Monday Miscellany - "My" edition

It's Monday, and it's time to be miscellaneous again. I should have called this "brag edition" because I've got to brag on my hubs and my dad. I hope you don't mind.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. My Dad's a streaker.
My dad started running before I was born. So, he's always been a runner to me. However, beginning on April 1, 2001, my dad established a very specific goal - to run a minimum of three miles every day. And he did it. On March 31, 2011, my dad successfully ran each day for TEN YEARS. Seriously impressive. And for the record, he didn't stop there. Now he's working on year 11.

2. My husband finished the Palmetto 200.
The Palmetto 200 is a 200-mile relay race that starts outside of Columbia, SC, and ends in Folly Beach, SC. The hubs and 11 other people  (including two women) from his office ran as team "Anchors Aweigh." They covered 200 miles in 29 hours and some change. I'm a proud wife.

Here we are at the finish line, waiting for the last guy on their team to cross.


3. My new favorite food is cheesy.
Publix should never make it a BOGO deal again. It's too dangerous.

4. My jeans have holes.
And I need to replace them. I have to be honest. I used to save my pennies and buy Citizens of Humanity jeans in Bootcut Dita style. (As in "for my birthday," please.) One pair has been fantastic. The second pair I bought hasn't held up nearly as well. (I'm quite disappointed.) The hubs has budgeted a (more modest) amount for me to buy new ones. But, I don't know which ones to buy. I always need petite or short. Help.

5. My weekend flew by.
B was gone Friday evening for the race, I relaxed at home. I met B at the finish line on Saturday, and then we went to our friend Harold's birthday celebration. We played Jokers and Marbles - my favorite. Today was church and then we came home to clean inside and out (yardwork), because tomorrow my small group is bringing their families with them, and we're cooking out. I'm so excited. (Although I gave up my original plan of making burgers from "scratch" in favor of Bubba burgers.) We even made a quick trip to Lowe's, so now we have an umbrella for our Craigslist-purchased patio set. I think it "makes" our patio.

Happy Monday.

1 comment:

  1. Oh that Cheez-It mix is SO GOOD!

    That is so amazing that your dad runs so often! My dad was a runner, but has a terrible knee and so now he walks and walks and walks with his corgi all over the neighborhood :)

    Are the holes in your jeans the good kind so you can look like you bought them distressed?

    new follower, please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.