Wednesday, April 6, 2011

My First Adventure on the Sea

One of my husband's favorite pastimes is sailing. He even teaches sailing to the students at his (Navy) command. When we first starting dating, he just assumed I would like sailing. I mean, who wouldn't? Unfortunately, I wasn't quite up for the adventure (I know. I know.).

So, this past Saturday, I finally did it. I went sailing with my husband and our friends Harold and Elizabeth.
This is the boat we took out on Lake Moultrie - a 22 ft day sailer.

Before the sail.

My handsome husband preparing the sails. (Elizabeth and I were in the cabin of the boat at the time, which I didn't like too much. You felt every move of the boat. Being topside was much more pleasant.)

It was really windy, as in, wind advisory for the area lakes and ocean.
The hubs didn't mention that until we finished sailing. He knew I'd chicken out. Which I would have. Twenty-five MPH wind gusts were quite the adventure for this beginner.

It made for some fun photo ops.

But, I did it.

I'm no expert. But, I'm definitely glad I can now say,
I went sailing.

After a quick costume change, we topped off the day with Japanese.

Next time I post about sailing, I'll be at the helm. (Maybe. In the spirit of full disclosure, my first two-ish minutes at the helm this time ended with me talk-yelling to "Help me NOW!")

2 comments:

  1. That looks like so much fun! We would love to go sometime with you guys. I am inviting myself. haha! Just kidding.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Excellent selection of photos from our adventure, ma'am! It was an awesome day to be sure! I can't wait for our next round! Do you think I could get a copy of the picture of Harold and I from dinner at some point? It really turned out quite well! :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.