Monday, April 25, 2011

Oh hello, Monday (and a Pie Recipe)

(Edited 5/27 - Kelly's Korner folks, please, please, please try the "Best and Easiest Pie Ever," listed below. So easy and good.)

So, it's Monday again. How did that happen? This past weekend was really, really nice. Since we did date night on Thursday (for my birthday), we hung out at home on Friday. We watched the Braves beat the SF Giants, which is no small feat since a) the Giants are the reigning World Series Champions and b) the game started at 10 PM EST. On Saturday, we spent some time at the lake, since the husband's Navy sailing club was having a free sail day.

Sunday was Easter. The truth of this day is crucial to my life, yet how quickly I can let the busyness of the day make me forget it. I need the story of Easter to stay on my heart each and every day.

And now, for a few miscellaneous updates.

1) Best and Easiest Pie Ever
I made this pie yesterday for our Easter dinner with some friends. It takes less than 15 minutes to pull together, and it requires no baking. Plus, it's relatively light (although not health food!). And despite the name of the recipe, the lemon flavor is present but not overwhelming. It's my go-to.

Lemon Pie
16 oz Cool Whip
16 oz sour cream
1 can Eagle Brand sweetened condensed milk
1 cup Country Time lemonade mix
2 9 oz graham cracker crusts (store-bought)

Mix condensed milk and lemonade mix. Add sour cream and then Cool Whip. Mix thoroughly. Pour into crusts. Refrigerate; can be frozen also. Makes two pies.

Also, if you'd like to try some, you can just eat what's left in the driveway, where I dropped one of the pies on our way out the door. Thank goodness for two pies.

2) SPF 50
Our family has made a complete shift to SPF 50. (And I know if we had kiddos, the number would be even higher.) We're not tan by nature, but we're not the palest people ever. I just love the feeling that I'm protecting my skin effectively. Plus, burns are the worst. I'm intrigued by this:


Has anyone tried it?

3) Prayer Request
I once mentioned my extreme distaste for the doctor. On Wednesday, I have a follow-up appt at my girls' doctor. The reason still falls under the category of "preventative", but it's to take care of something so it won't cause problems later. I would appreciate a quick prayer for my nerves and the doctor on Wednesday AM. Thankfully, it's an early morning appointment, so I won't have to dwell on it all day.

Happy Monday!
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

4 comments:

  1. Prayers for Wednesday! I haven't tried that sunscreen, but I love another one of their sunscreens, ultra sheer. It goes on super smooth! Have fun being in the sun.

    ReplyDelete
  2. wish your nephew had used any sunscreen at the beach on Sat, he is really paying for it! Glad you had a nice Easter weekend. I have never dropped pies in the drive way (that I can remember) but I have spilled a crock pot full of little weinies in the floor of the car - not fun!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Praying for you on Wednesday! I know God has you in his hands!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yes, I'm commenting on yesterday's post. Go me!

    But it's because I wanted to comment on the SPF thing. When I was working at the running store, some sunscreen reps told me that after SPF 45, it's mainly just marketing. SPF 75, 80, etc. is completely pointless apparently.

    I'm basing this solely on one conversation, so I'd be intrigued to do some research on the topic.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.