Monday, April 4, 2011

Magic Miscellany

Joining up with Carissa again this week.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. Grocery Shopping
Ok. I put off grocery shopping too long. Other than a couple of trips to the grocery store for meats and produce, I probably haven't been in three (or four??) weeks. We were starting to run out of everything, including staples, so I spent five hours going to three stores today. Honestly, I went through a couponing stage about six months ago, but I'm having trouble staying focused on it lately. Any advice?

2. Magic Eraser
While grocery shopping, I decided to pick up one of these.

Apparently, I've been living on a rock. I've never used one before, but this thing did an amazing job of cleaning the soap scum in our master bathroom tub. These things might be a bit a expensive for everyday use, but they really are as great as everyone seems to think.

3. Patriarchs
Tomorrow night is the last night of our Beth Moore study, Patriarchs. I highly recommend it. Next we start Priscilla Shirer's Jonah.

4. Eat This, Not That
Speaking of books, if you haven't heard of them, I recommend the "Eat This, Not That" series of books. I don't think the content is the be-all-end-all of food books, but it's really interesting to consider which food are actually better for us. I especially enjoy referring to this one.

5. Crispy Kale
As evidenced by this post, I love kale. I'd heard of making krispy kale (or kale "chips"), but I didn't know how to do it. Last night, my friend Bethany shared her recipe, and I can't wait to try it.

Crispy Kale
Toss kale with olive oil, salt, garlic powder and pepper.
Cook for 7-9 minutes in a 400 degree oven - should be crispy but not too dark.
(Bethany recommended getting it out of the oven when it's still green and slightly crispy to make sure he doesn't get bitter.)

I'll be doing some kitchen experimentation this week, because that sounds good. Happy Monday!

6 comments:

  1. I do the "Grocery Game" but I mostly use it for meats and produce. no coupons required. I do still coupon but only for things I would use anyway or free things. That really cuts down on the time and effort involved. I LOVE magic erasers! With 4 kids I use it a lot! Both great Bible studies, hope you enjoy :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love magic erasers, Beth Moore, and kale chips so this post was right up my alley! Too funny! Have a great week! :]

    ReplyDelete
  3. A friend of mine recommended an "Eat This, Not That" book to me, but I haven't had a chance to check it out yet.

    Thank you so much for the comment you left over on my blog. It encouraged me :)

    Hope you have a wonderful week!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I have always wanted to try the magic eraser but never have...I may have to now!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Magic Erasers are the bomb. The hubs and I get an off-brand version from Japantown and they're amazing.

    Another cleaning tip: Cut a lemon in half and clean whatever you want by rubbing the half a lemon on it. Grease, grime, whatever. Half a lemon is my favorite cleaning product.

    ReplyDelete
  6. i've been wanting to try the kale recipe!!! yum!

    trader joes is coming to mt. pleasant in june-ish. yay! : )

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.