Monday, July 11, 2011

Summer meets sail.

I fully intended to post again before Miscellany Monday rolled around again. Life moves too fast. I will be back tomorrow, because I've been tackling some "home improvement meets interior design" projects, and I have to share.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters


I discovered Polyvore last tonight. If I went on a shopping spree today, here are my purchases. If you find it online, it's free, right?!
Summer meets sail.





I may actually pick up those shorts using my blow money (A Dave Ramsey term for budgeted spending money to use as you please.). I've been looking for shorts that are shorter than bermudas but longer than most everything else, and those got really great reviews. My only problem with American Eagle is their insistence on low waists. I like a low rise as much as the next gal, but what's the point if you have to cover your bum crack everytime you sit down?

Also, we are getting a J.Crew Factory Store at the outlet near my house. Umm - yes, please.

********

As a souvenir from our recent vacation, my sweet hubs gave me this bag - made of sail material. He's the sailor, but I may enjoy the other uses for sails more.


(Mine looks like the one in the back middle, with the number 2.)

********

If you get your hands on fresh blueberries, please take them home, don't wash them (or wash them lightly, depending on who you ask), put them in a single layer on a cookie sheet, and throw them in the freezer. I'm not a huge blueberry fan, but frozen blueberries are delicious. You can take them out by the handful.

(Not mine, but mine look just the same - image via)

********

Speaking of food, I am on my church's distribution list for our food ministry, and each month, we receive a devotion from the program's organizer. As part of this month's devotion, she included the following verse.

You (God) satisfy me more than the richest of foods. 
Psalm 63:5 (NLT)

I'm quick to look to food for satisfaction, so I've written this verse down in our kitchen as a reminder of where my true satisfaction comes from.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.