Friday, July 29, 2011

Friday Favorites (and a YHL comment)

This week was a bit frustrating. We met with another real estate agent, and his outlook on selling our house was - to be expected - just as bleak as every else's. Now, we're considering renting instead of selling. This is relieving in some ways, since selling was going to cost us money, but renting brings with it its own set of challenges.

However, my feelings of frustration - they are relative. I have so much to be thankful for.

My sweet husband -
who let me order the new bedding I was drooling over in this post.
who helping me completely rearrange our bedroom furniture on a my whim on Wednesday night.
who cleaned the floors for me while I went to Target on Thursday night, referring to himself as my "house husband."
who picked up dinner for us when I didn't feel like cooking.

My sister -
who dropped some skinny jeans in the mail for me to try on because they were too small for my nephew - just for fun. (Sidenote: I so wanted these jeans to fit because I thought it would be fun to say, "Oh these old new things? My sister picked them up in the men's department at TJMaxx for $7." Sadly, when I put them on and couldn't get them anywhere close to buttoned (despite the waist size being 3 inches larger than the jeans I own), I realized there was probably a good reason they were marked as irregular and still on the clearance rack.)

My house -
which regardless of whether we sell or rent is cool inside despite 100 degree days.
has a pantry and refrigerator with plenty inside.
is wireless, DVRed and all those other technological wonders I take for granted.

My dog -
who we've decided is the living epitome of Dug, from the movie Up (The Hubs cries when he watches Up.)



who is willing to go for a walk(!) or a car ride(!) or pay outside(!) or do tricks(!) anytime.

My health (I'll admit that the stress I'm self-imposing is doing a number on my scalp and skin (something I'm used to, it's been the case for many years) but -
it's good. And my husband's is good. And my parents'.
(Although, I would definitely appreciate any natural tips for combatting dry scalp, and MILD ezcema/psorasis.)

And I could go on, but I won't (and can't, because I'm technically working right now!).

I'm thankful for all these favorites today. (And linking up with Rachel at Finding Joy.)

friday favorite things | finding joy

Also, on a super "blog geek" sidenote: I definitely got my first "comment response" from Sherry at Younghouselove.com this week. Umm - I freaked out, and I also did a screen grab for posterity.


3 comments:

  1. This is a really good post!

    Be blessed in your house endevour.

    NATURAL REMEDY - I have ezcema and I am telling you, my sister found HELP - ready for this: BRAGG's Apple cider vinigar w/ the mother (yes it says that on the bottle ;0)- most big chain grocery stores with healthy food sections in them have it. Apply after shower with cotton ball directly on to the spots..it burns a little/sting...then apply moisture like hydrocortizone or a lotion that you know you can use that done rash you out. Takes a couple days but it has taken the red out of my spots and the itch. I dont have any on my face anymore! :0)

    I also have dry scalp and have found one shampoo /conditioner that helps ( less itching scratching and flaking) not complete transformation but way way better. It is made by Organic Health - I found it at a Vitamin World store. It is called Invigorating shampoo / conditioner , two seperate bottles. Tea tree oil shampoo. smells good. I have tried other tea tree's kinds and no luck ...Hope that works/helps for you.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm the screen cap queen. I totally capped the screen when I saw my ad for blogher and gatorade on the pioneer woman's blog. :) So I totally get it -- and awesome screen cap!!

    I love your heart and your gratitude. Especially when you wish things were a different way -- you sought the good and the joy. Beautiful.

    Love the movie UP. When I was in Hilton Head I listened to the soundtrack while sitting at the pool. It was just about perfect.

    Blessings to you this weekend.

    Rachel

    ReplyDelete
  3. good post, we are facing the same thing with our house, even though we won't be moving until next summer it can still seem quite discouraging! Anyway thanks for the reminder to be thankful for all we have even in the midst of hard or uncertain times!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.