Monday, May 2, 2011

Monday again?

In high school, I remember many people signing yearbooks, populating AIM profiles, etc. with these Grateful Dead lyrics:

"Lately it occurs to me what a long, strange trip its been."

I can't say I was cool enough to reference the Grateful Dead in my high school yearbook nor have I ever actually heard the song, but somehow it came to mind as I scanned over the events of the past week.

1) Appointment follow-up
Thank you for your prayers. My procedure was completed successfully. Minus (TMI warning) a couple hours of cramps and some hot flashes (Sorry for all the times I told you to "walk it off" when you had a hot flash, Mom.) (Ok, I didn't say that, but now I know that I never should.). Even though it's easy for me to worry too much and struggle with God over whose in charge, I'm so thankful that I'm not, and I'm so thankful that we live in a part of the world with preventative care.

2) Cullman
I know the "southern" tornadoes have been all over the news. They hit close to the homes and hearts of many. My husband's family lives in Cullman, AL, one of the towns hardest hit by the AL tornadoes. Please keep them and others in your prayers. Thankfully, my M/F-in-laws' home wasn't hit, but a house four doors down was. Right now, I think there's a lot of numb, a lot of nerves, and a lot of thankfulness.

Cullman, AL, courthouse

3) My husband's dream barbecue
Last night, the hubs and I grilled up some boneless pork chops and some asparagus, and we ate it on the back patio.


Add a loaf of french bread, and no plates were necessary. We ate directly off the baking sheets. (No, we don't do it often, but it was fun and such easy clean-up.)

4) South Pacific
I love musicals, but I've never seen this one. During a Friday night girls' night, my friends introduced me.


It's full of fun songs and some cheese (but goodness did they go overboard with the "mood" coloring. How have I not seen it before?

5) Photo-op
I bought a maxi dress from Target recently. I love it because its not too long for a short(er) gal like me. I felt wearing it to church yesterday call for a photo-op. My hubs didn't agree, but he obliged.

Yay, Target! (As usual.)

Happy Monday! Tomorrow, I have a "no poo" hair update. Stay tuned.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1 comment:

  1. South Pacific is good but I still like Seven Brides for Seven Brothers better!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.