Wednesday, May 25, 2011

We're so all-American.

The other day the hubs walked out the front door driving a Coke in the bottle (courtesy of the World of Coke in Atlanta), and I starting singing, "I'd like to buy the world a Coke..."


 Last Friday, we ventured to a Charleston Riverdogs game with some friends. This is my husband's (disgusting) choice in hotdogs - complete with chili, bacon, and jalepenos.


We set behind home plate and cheered them on to victory (although I don't remember the score). I do remember that the young(ish) guys sitting directly in front of us would stand up and do this bizarre dance that involved leaning back slightly and waving your arms at your side, kind of like a fish. I eventually asked them, and they told me they were "doing the Bernie," as in Weekend at Bernie's. I totally learned a new dance.


Me and the ever-lovely Elizabeth (and my birthday purse).


After the game, they played a medley of "classic American songs" during a fireworks display. It felt like summer. Also, during the finale series of fireworks, it appeared that some fireworks blew up on the ground, and suddenly the words "Big on the Pig" were spelled out in fire. Yeah, we're classy.


Yesterday, Britney Spears' latest (very catchy) song - the one about dancing til the world ends - came on the radio as I pulled into my neighborhood. I drove around to listen to the song (I hope I'm not the only one who does this.), and I saw this guy. He's probably 8 feet long head to tail. We have signs at all of ponds that say, "Beware of the alligators," because our neighborhood was built on wetlands.  But, usually they stay hidden. I guess he was out for some sun. (Sorry for the blurry picture. I decided not to go over and introduce myself. )


The hubs sent me flowers today. Aren't they lovely? This picture gives you a close-up view of my home work environment - two screens (one work laptop, one Mac for Pandora and Hulu so I don't slow my work computer down), empty plate from lunch, water glass, bills in background - the gang's all here.

Tomorrow, I'm hosting the baby shower at I mentioned in my previous post. I wrote a baby Mad Lib. Everyone who's coming should prepare to laugh.

And one more thing, as of Saturday, we'll be in the market for a new-to-us AKA used car. I'm drawn to Accords, Highlanders, 4Runners, Pilots, and Subarus (is that weird?). We've saved our pennies, but we definitely can't afford a new one of the above - more like an 06-08. Any suggestions on cars? Opinions on the ones I mentioned?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.