Tuesday, May 10, 2011

Happy Everything Day

In the recent months, we've celebrated (or anticipate celebrating) my dad's running streak anniversary, my birthday, my sister's birthday, mother's day, the hub's birthday, and the hub's upcoming graduation. After realizing that life was getting in the way (and that celebrations are especially fun when shared), we coined this Mother's Day as Happy Everything Day.

The day consisted of dessert eating (Mom insisted on making a special dessert for each of the "celebrants," resulting in a lemon pie, a dirt cake, a chocolate pound cake, and red velvet cupcakes. The deliciousness and calories were infinite. I'm eating a cupcake now.)
We did some gift exchanging. B and I gave Dad a t-shirt says "Ask me about my streaking habit. I designed it myself (but sadly, I don't see graphic designer in my future). I'm in love with the pillow that my mom and aunt picked out for me. My sister scored some jewelry, and we replaced my mom's faithful Mary Jane crocs. (I'm not a fan of regular crocs, but I would prefer not to live without my croc Mary Janes.) And the husband is pretty pumped about his new Keurig (so am I!). (Those are sailing gloves he's modeling.)





I caught this picture of Kona actually looking in the direction of the camera. He always loves when the party is outside, and he can chill just slightly outside of the action.

This is the whole family. Decent family photos are something to be cherished, even if they involved minor threats and bribery.


I highly recommend Happy Everything Day.

2 comments:

  1. Keurig! We have one at work and I LOVE it. I nearly have to chop my hand off to keep me from getting a third cup of coffee.

    In other news, semi no-poo is going well for me (still washing the bangs as needed). I'm actually enjoying only sudsing up the hair twice a week. But there are days when I feel ashamed of my sure-fire greasiness.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I look a little like the Joker in this picture, or maybe worse, I look like Jack Nicholson!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.