Monday, May 9, 2011

Post-Mother's Day Miscellany Monday

Hello Monday! The husband's graduation speech went smashingly on Friday, and we enjoyed a relaxing, fun weekend with family and friends.

1) The Great Restaurant Debate
On Thursday night, the hubs had homework (and to write that speech I mentioned in the previous post), so we celebrated Cinco de Mayo in casual style - eating Qdoba at our coffee table. This always leads us to ponder which is - in fact - the the best, fast Mexican chain restaurant: Moe's, Chipotle, or Qdoba? Sometimes, it's the little debates in life that make for the best conversation. (I will argue on the behalf of Chipotle to the death. Unfortunately, the nearest one is a couple of hours away, so Qdoba has to suffice. I am not a Moe's fan. Please tell me you share my opinion.)

2) Thor
We saw it. I'm not a fan of super hero movies. But, I really liked this one. I'd definitely recommend it for a date night, especially if you always disagree about movies (like us) and want to earn some compromise brownie points.

3) We don't own a guard dog.
We live in a neighborhood where they are still building. Right now, they've made a couple of loud noises you can hear in our house. Kona immediately high-tailed (low-tailed?) it into the office where I'm at. Seriously, he's sitting under the desk. Picture proof:


4) New Battery
My work laptop desperately needs a new battery. It's operating on electricity only right now. I used our internal ordering system to buy a new one. I noticed that all the part numbers had the same disclaimer: "***Please confirm correct battery choice before purchasing.***" It turns out there's a reason for this emphasis. I picked my computer type and still ended up with the wrong battery. Oops. Since I work from home, I'll have to wait four days to see if my second choice fairs better than the first.

5) Ring Question
Do you get your wedding/engagement rings/other "fancy" rings you wear daily cleaned regularly? How often? Is it inexpensive? Necessary? My rings didn't come from the same store, so I've always wondered how to go about getting them cleaned. So I haven't.

In addition to the love for my own mother I shared yesterday, I wanted to wish all the moms and moms-to-be in blogland a very happy (belated) mother's day!

Joining up with Carissa at Lowercase Letters.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

6 comments:

  1. I vote for Chipotle, definately.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I try to get my cleaned every 6 months, but I can't get the inspection done unless we are visiting KS because the ring is from a local jeweler. You should be able to go into most jewelry stores and have your ring cleaned while you browse and it shouldn't cost anything. :) If you got one of your rings from a major jewelry chain I'd go there, but that's me :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. was highly against seeing Thor but maybe now I'll give it a go!

    very sweet blog!
    xoxo-Hannah @ a lovely mess!

    stop by and say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  4. At some ring stores they will clean it for free. I bought ring cleaner from JB Robinson for like $8 and it works great. If you need to get it redipped then it's like $30 and most places. I hope you find something. I clean mine a couple of times a month

    ReplyDelete
  5. My rings were from Zales and they have to go through a cleaning and inspection every 6 months in order to fall under warrenty and insurance...but the guy there last time told me that they would clean anyone's jewelry whether it was bought from there or not for free :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. The at home cleaners do work for in between deep cleans that the jewelers do. I usually get mine professionally cleaned every 3 months and I take it to the local jewelers that my husband purchased it from. It should always be free! Hope this helps.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.