Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Advice Wanted: The Great Movie Debate


I'm jealous of couples that share the same taste in movies. Because, we certainly don't. He loves superhero flicks, sci-fi, even the occasional horror flick. I like chick flicks and other movies tied neatly with bows. He's in it for the adventure. I'm in it for the happy ending.

Generally speaking, the comedy is a good compromise, but it's typically just that - a compromise. In other words, we end up seeing a bunch of movies neither of us is truely interested in lieu of seeing the movies that we want to see, but don't agree on. (Plus, if I'm honest, we both I have a bad habit of "keeping score." i.e. One guy movie "earns" one movie I want to see.)

I admit all of this to say: Have any of you cracked the great movie debate? Have you found a solution that keeps you both happy - and up-to-date on the movies you each want to see? Help me out here.

1 comment:

  1. No success story here....fortunately for me (and what makes it easy for him) I'm a "I can watch just about anything" kinda girl. On the other hand it is VERY rare that I can get him to watch a "girl" (labeled according to HIS idea of what a girl movie is anyway) and even if we do, there is always lots of grumbling, complaining, and commentary throughout the film. All that moaning and groaning...and I don't really like typical chick flicks! The kind of movies I like, that he deems "girl" movies, are musicals (because no one should ever like to watch actors sing and/or dance) and movies based on classic literature.

    So yep...I'm no big help! But I'm definitely up for a girl movie night if there are girl movies you want to watch...we'll just send Brandon over to play video games with Harold...I'd consider that a win/win!

    Also I might come over and watch Glee with y'all...Harold would prefer it if I turn it off as soon as I hear his car pull into the driveway! LOL

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.