Wednesday, February 23, 2011

On the topic of wreaths -

I find crafty blogs inspirational. I love the idea of seeing something in the store and thinking, "I could make that!" Realistically, I'm not there yet. (Not. At. All. Some women apparently carry chalkboard paint and a sewing machine in their back pocket at all times.)

However, after discovering that wreaths are really expensive, I decided to make one - as in, go to the craft and fabric stores with my 50 percent off coupons in hand.

This wreath was my inspiration. Isn't it too wonderful?


(image via)

Unfortunately, once you purchase all those little balls of felt, it's still an expensive wreath.

Enter inspiration two from The Crafty Nest.

This is the result:



Isn't it cute? I choose purple so I could be used throughout the spring, instead of just for valentine's day.

Here's a close up:



It took a few hours to cut out felt circles, but it involved no sewing or gluing, so it was definitely my type of project.

Plus, it makes my door look cute.

Happy Wednesday.

8 comments:

  1. That's a SUPER cute wreath!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Found your blog through Bon Mot! Very cute wreath!! I love these kind of projects because I am not crafty! I am a new follower and can not wait to read more!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cool, dude! Maybe I should make a wreath.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks ladies! So easy. Bethy, you should make one!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love the color choice - purple is a fabulous choice! You must have been reading my mind though - I just said the other day that I would love to have a new wreath for my door, better yet a handmade one! Did you make one for your big sister?

    ReplyDelete
  6. I adore that wreath! I want to make one! I might just try tomorrow or Saturday! You should tell us how to make it! OR just tell me! :) So glad your blog is growing! It's super cute and you're a great blogger!

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.