Monday, February 14, 2011

My Valentine


(Image via)

My husband is the first real valentine I've ever had. I think that perhaps in middle school I had one or two one-week relationships that began a day or two before valentine's day (and tragically, ended a day or two after). But, this guy - he's a keeper, and he definitely makes this "Valentine's Day is such a commercial holiday" girl swoon.

Our first picture, taken on our first double date in August 2008:



Our first Valentine's Day (2009), the hubs planned a fantastic dinner cruise in the Charleston harbor. He may or not have also planned a helicopter tour of Charleston at sunset that we may or may not have taken because I may or may not have freaked out about doing it "because I don't like small planes." But, that's a story for another day.


(Ugh on the poor image quality.)

This year, we plan to celebrate tomorrow (we were a bit slack about making dinner reservations at our restaurant of choice). For today, I'll just revel in the fact that this wonderful man is in my life, and he makes me embrace the adventure (even if I often protest).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.