Thursday, February 24, 2011

JJ and Chick-fil-a

I went to the doctor today - just a yearly check-up, so nothing out of the ordinary. But, the thing is, I've always dreaded going to the doctor. I'm so thankful for access to medical care, but honestly, I'm not so good at being thankful for something when I'm busy dreading it.

I have had many conversations with my mom that went something like this:

Me: I hate going to the doctor.

My mom: Well, I don't think there are too many people that look forward to it.

Me: But I really hate it.

My mom would then break into somewhat of well-knowing, exasperated smile that might be interpreted as "Well, what do you expect me to do? Tell you to never go to the doctor?"

Alas, I went today, and it was fine. (Except that I really should have gone to the bathroom before I left the waiting room. That last stage of waiting for the doctor felt like it took ten years!)

On the way to the doctor, I was a bit anxious, per previously stated reasons. I put in my JJ Heller cd, and listened to her sing "Save Me".



This lyric always speaks directly to me:

You are stronger,
Than any terrible possible scenario today
Come and save me
You’re the only source of all the peace I need.


(I am awfully good at creating terrible scenarios. For his peace, I am eternally grateful. Even when I get caught up in the circumstances and forget to be thankful for it.)

In other news, our dog, Kona, silently begged his heart out while I ate the Chick-fil-a sandwich I had treated myself to on my way home. (Yep, I thought the completed appointment deserved a chicken celebration. And a Diet Coke.) Access denied. I ate the whole thing, plus crumbs, myself.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.