Monday, March 21, 2011

Wedding Weekend Miscellany

Joining up with Carissa's Miscellany Monday.
Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1. Long Distance Diets
What is it about a solo 2+ hour car trip that results in the consumption of foods you wouldn't normally eat? On my drive to the wedding festivities, I devoured a bag of CornNuts and a Diet Coke.


(image via)

2. Wedding Dress(es)
Of course, the bride clearly stole the "fashion show" portion of the wedding! (Pictures to come.) But as for the attendees, one of my friends wore this dress, and we couldn't get over how awesome and versatile it was.


(image via)

3. Dress Exchange
Speaking of dresses, one of my other closest friends lives out in San Francisco (her husband just may have determined the fabric of your husband's Old Navy shirt). We aren't exactly the same size (She's taller.), but we can share dresses. We actually traded dresses for the rehearsal dinner, and since that was both fun and an inexpensive way to have a new dress to wear, we decided to trade dresses for a while. Eventually, we'll trade back; mailing should be pretty cheap since these dresses are both simple and light. I plan to take pictures of myself when I wear her dress, so we can see where her dress got to travel; I expect her to do the same. (My little dress has never been to the big city before!) You should do the same with one of your long distance pals - maybe even one of your blogger friends.

4. Wedding gifts
The bride is a teacher, and her fellow teachers banded together and purchased multiple gift certificates for restaurants in the area that they honeymooned. I wish I'd thought of this idea! It might be tough if the bride and groom are headed to another part of the world, but for US destinations, this would be an easy way to pull together an extremely useful group gift.

5. Celebrating Dad
On Sunday, the hubs and I drove through my hometown, in order to celebrate my dad's 65th birthday. My dad chose the restaurant, so we headed over to one of our local Mexican restaurants and chowed down while laughing a lot. My mom made my nephew pull up this video on his Droid, and we watched it while waiting for the check.



Also, my nephew is 16, and he drove from one of our destinations to another yesterday. He's learning fast, but I'm still processing that my nephew is old enough to drive.

Also, spring is knocking my socks off this year. I'm never been so excited to walk outside each morning and look at the new growth on our trees and plants. I told my husband that I want to convince my friends that they also like buying plants, weeding flowerbeds, and watering trees and flowers. It's so fascinating to see everything go from dormancy back to life, and I want friends to talk about planting adventures with. Maybe my mother's green thumb is finally rubbing off on me. Happy Monday, everyone.

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.