Monday, March 14, 2011

Miscellaneous Thoughts for Monday

This morning, I'm drinking my tea, and joining up with Carissa's Miscellany Monday.

Miscellany Monday @ lowercase letters

1) Rango


We saw it on Friday. My husband is a big fan of cartoon movies (and they are definitely growing on me). I found this one pretty disappointing. Apparently, it got some decent reviews, but I seemed to be straddling the line between movie for grown-ups and movie for kids. It definitely seemed more appropriate for the adults in the theater, with the use of language and the naunces of some of the jokes, but, as with most cartoon movies, we were surrounded by lots of children. We're definitely going to have to do more homework before we go see a movie once we have kiddos.

2) Lamb's ear

We just planted some in one of the small beds in our backyard. I know some people don't like it because it spreads fast (and some varieties have strange flowers), but I think it's charming. Its leaves are soft and almost furry. If you ever come over, please let me introduce you to it.


(image via)


(Please note that this is not my backyard. Sigh.)

My husband says I like soft plants. I guess I do. I'm a weirdo.

3) The Furminator!!

We took our dog to PetSmart last week to get a treatment called the "Furminator". It's basically a headcore bath and brushing with a specific shed-reducing line of products, and they claim it reduces shedding by as much as 90 percent. So far, we're impressed. His shedding really does seem lessened (as evidenced by the almost non-existent number of fur tumbleweeds in the corners), and if you sniff the fur on his back (which I do) it still smells good (and it's been five days!). We think we might put this treatment on regular rotation. Fair warning, it cost a few dollars (We're going to have to specifically plan and budget for it.)

4) Baby names
If you want to kill some time, check out this blog. It's quite unassuming, but I can get caught up reading about what names people are considering for their children. I especially love the "update" posts.

5) HomeGoods

(image via)

I went for the first time. I wasn't as impressed as I expected to be, but everyone raves about it, so I will give it another go, I know. Any recommendations about shopping there? What kinds of things to buy or what day to go?

I know one thing for sure, I will not take my husband with me the next time I go. At one point, I was perusing the aisle of pillows, and I hear him say, "One."

"What are you counting?" I asked him.

"The number of guys in this store that don't work here. I just counted myself."

My husband - ever the comedian.

4 comments:

  1. ugh...fur tumble weeds! these ruin my life!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That was funny Brandon - I just laughed out loud!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love Lamb's Ear.

    And I'm laughing about your husband's comment at Home Goods. Too true.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ha. I love what your husband said in Homegoods. ;) I haven't been very often; it seems hit or miss to me.

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.