Tuesday, March 15, 2011

He bought; she bought.

Last Wednesday, when I went shopping with the girls, I picked up these new flats.



I found them at Ross. They were still a bit of a splurge, as I technically don't need any shoes, but they are real leather, and I know I will wear them out.

Last Thursday, the hubs came home from work carrying this:



That's right - a real ship's steering wheel. It's still leaning against our dining room table until we figure out just what to do with it. (Maybe a ship's wheel will become the newest decorating craze.) It's very heavy, so if we hang it on the wall, heavy duty hardware will be required. Now, in full disclosure, the hubs mentioned he'd found it on Craigslist, but when he walked through the door, it still took me off-guard.

I'm just amused at the difference between what happens when he and I do a little shopping. Any ideas on what to do with ship's wheel (painting is a no-go on this one)?

I'll admit that it does bring a sense of adventure to our dining room.

4 comments:

  1. Your shoes are cute! I wonder if the wheel could be propped up somewhere, maybe on a mantel?

    ReplyDelete
  2. in the garage. That's where I put the stuff my B comes home with. Unfortunately, we can no longer fit the car in there, but that is another story.
    I do like your shoes!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Those shoes are adorable! I love shopping at Ross' ... I found a pair of flats there that I LOVED and my dogs chewed them up. Ughhh.

    That wheel is AMAZING and a definite conversation starter!!

    New follower here, please stop on by..
    http://penelopeblue.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. really really like those flats! Just wanted to stop in and say THANK YOU so much for donating to Venessa's adoption. :)

    ReplyDelete

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.