Thursday, March 10, 2011

Life-Life Balance


(image via)

(Isn't this sign lovely? I would like it hanging over the entrance from the dining room to the great room.)

My apologies for being M.I.A. the past week.

I've been enjoying evenings without my laptop. The hubs and I had gotten a bit too attached to our respective screens. Sometimes we still end up staring at another screen, but at least we do it while cuddling on the couch.

Honestly, I've had a lot on my mind lately. I remember being younger, and I could often only focus on the "next big thing," whether that thing was a trip to the amusement park, a big exam, or the potential of a phone call from a boy.

Well, right now, it feels like there are a lot of things going on in our life. Things pertaining to work, to big life decisions, etc, and it would be so easy for me to spend all my free time dwelling on those things.

But, I'm learning (especially, as a relative newlywed who is learning that it really and truely isn't all about me!) that life goes on despite the many thoughts in my head and stresses that seem to be surrounding by me. Dinner still needs to be fixed, small group still meets, the dog still needs to be fed.

I am so amazed by the women who blog who are dealing with (much) larger stresses than I, yet they move forward with shoulders high, trusting God. I am so encouraged by those stories.

I choose joy.

Consider it pure joy, my brothers and sisters, whenever you face trials of many kinds, because you know that the testing of your faith produces perseverance. Let perseverance finish its work so that you may be mature and complete, not lacking anything.
James 1: 2-4

In more exciting news, I met with my lovely friend Sarah, from Bon Blog Designs, last week, so hopefully, sooner than later my blog will look a bit more presentable.

Also, last night, I went shopping with two wonderful friends, including my lovely friend Elizabeth (who is this close to starting a blog - here's hoping she does). Since we live in suburbia, our shopping consisted of trips to TJMaxx and Ross after a quick dinner at McAlister's Deli. While at McAlister's, Elizabeth introduced us to their Chocolate Lovin Spoon Cake.



It's not diet food, but it was definitely delicious. You can split it with your boy or your friends to make it more calorie-friendly. =)

(image via)

Oh, and one more thing. Elizabeth is also pretty sure she's come up with a way for us to replicate the lovely wall hanging I mentioned in my previous post. I will definitely keep you updated; maybe a how-to post will be an order.

1 comment:

Hi! Thanks for visiting and sharing your thoughts.